[rt-users] Fedora Core 9 versus Ubuntu

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 19 11:32:43 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:50:54AM -0400, Brian Buchanan wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 15:58 -0700, Mark Pryor wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
>
> >  There has been alot of discussion about a CSS client bug in
> >  firefox that has slowed the rt3 web interface. I hate to say it, but
> >  log into rt3 using IE6+ and see if its faster!
> >

> Oh my god.  RT is usable! Thank-you!  I did an upgrade from 3.6.x to 3.8
> and didn't know why the UI experience was so terrible, but I was just
> living with it and dreading opening long tickets.
>
> Booting a WinXP VM and then use RT under IE, for me, is LESS LOAD than
> using RT on FF on Linux (64-bit RedHat Desktop).

It's all in the rounded corners.  This is no good.  "Looks sexy" isn't
worth "doesn't work."

I don't actually have any way to reproduce the issue myself. Do any of
you folks with the issue have any time to try to troll the firefox bug
tracker and/or interweb for anyone else who's run into issues with
-moz-border-radius and Firefox on Linux?