[rt-users] Problem with 'Top N tickets' links on 'RT at a glance' page in 3.8.1

Tim Wilde tim at krellis.org
Fri Sep 19 17:06:09 EDT 2008

David Good wrote:
> I looked into this some more and after some debugging, I see that the
> query string argument ($Query) passed in
> to Search/Results.html is URI encoded when it shouldn't be.  It looks
> like it's encoded properly in the link URL
> when I 'View Souce' on the displayed 'Home' page but never gets decoded
> (or it gets decoded and re-encoded
> somehow).  Does anyone have any ideas where I should look next?
>
> I'm kinda surprised that there haven't been any other reports of this
> sort of problem.  It seems to affect all saved searches.
> We're running RT 3.8.1 on a CentOS 5.2 with perl 5.10.0.

David,

I've run across this same issue, and it seems to be fixed by a (somewhat
hack-ish) patch to lib/RT/Tickets_Overlay_SQL.pm.  Take a look at the
patch attached to ticket #12477:

http://rt3.fsck.com//Ticket/Display.html?id=12477

If you copy lib/RT/Tickets_Overlay_SQL.pm to
local/lib/RT/Tickets_Overlay_SQL.pm and apply that patch it should fix
the issue if it's the same one I was seeing (which it sounds like it was).

Regards,
Tim