[rt-users] Difference between Parent/Child and Depends on/Depended on by?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 22 10:41:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:35:01 -0400, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:

> So basically, parent/child sit between the strong Depend and the weak
> Refer. Not sure if that is useful in any application, but I now know
> that I don't need it for my workflows.
>

> Thanks :)
> Richard

I think we've used parent/child to group tickets that refer to the same
issue - for example an outage reported by several people. It makes it easy
to locate all those tickets and send out a single reply to them all when
the outage is fixed.

Steve

--
Stephen Turner