[rt-users] Problem with new RT installation

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Sep 22 19:28:59 EDT 2008

Am 22.09.2008 um 15:17 schrieb Gabriel Cadieux:

> hi all,
>
> this is my first post to the list, i hope it'll get through properly..
>
> i tried searching the archives but found nothing related to this
> issue;
> i finally got RT loading up in the browser, it prompts me for
> username/pass,
> i can manage to login with the root account, but every single time i
> click
> something to change pages, it requests authentication all over again!
>
> this is driving me nuts, every single thing i try to do in the
> interface
> causes this (the functionality is fine mind you, it's just annoying
> and
> a bit too clumsy for production to have to re-enter credentials
> every single page).

I assume you use MySQL.
A lot of people who didn't set up all the tables correctly (or
upgraded older ones not correctly) had this problem.

Personally, I use PostgreSQL and I must say that the upgrade to 3.8.1
was the one that caused the least pain (we started with 3.4.something,
moved to 3.6.3 and then I lifted it to 3.8.1, moving from FreeBSD5.4
over 6.2 to 7.0 eventually).
It just took a lot of time because the the box is now old and slow ;-)

The only problem is the large amount of dependencies that RT carries
(FreeBSD installs well over 110 perl modules alltogether).

I make a copy of the box in VMware and dry-run the upgrade there. So
far, this has worked very well.

cheers,
Rainer