[rt-users] Ldap authentication *Easy Question

Auch, Benjamin bauch at jcpgroup.com
Fri Sep 26 08:13:11 EDT 2008

Thanks for the tips.  From searching last night, I found several sites
that appear to use RT and single-sign on, but everything is so outdated.
Plus, any method using NTLM for Microsoft Active Directory will break
using Windows Server 2008 (NTLMv2) (Confirmation anyone?)

Maybe the RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and RT::Authen::CookieAuth is the way
to go.  The extra LDAP field mappings and allowed/restricted groups are
nice features.

Helpful links I found.  pass through authentication single signon ldap
authentication
http://blank.org/memory/output/rt-ad-sso.html
http://mywheel.net/blog/index.php/mod_ntlm2-on-apache-22x/
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/LdapOverlay
http://www.justatheory.com/computers/programming/perl/rt/ldap_auth.html

The information contained in this communication may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended only for the recipient named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, immediately advise the sender and delete the original and any copies from your computer system.