[rt-users] ommitting display of custom field description/instruction strings

Gabriel Cadieux gcadieux at securetechnologies.ca
Fri Sep 26 15:27:48 EDT 2008

hi everyone!

i've looked around a lot, but all the solutions to this seem very
complicated and time-consuming to implement..

can someonme please tell me what the easiest way would be to prevent
the display of strings such as "Combobox: Select or enter one value",
"Enter multiple values", "Input must match [Mandatory]", etc..?

i just basically want the labels and their respective boxes/whatever...
we're only going to be two people using RT here and we already know
how to fill in the fields and don't need RT to kindly remind us each
time :)

it would actually save a lot of screen space for us to be able to simply
omit them entirely from the ticket creation page, without having to go
through the entire process of modding the html/perl stuff for every time
the custom fields and their instructions appear.

many thanks!

Gabriel Cadieux
Systems Engineer & IT Security Analyst
STI - Secure Technologies International, Inc.
Tel. (613) 830-3131 ext. 304
Cel. (613) 608-4635
Fax. (613) 830-5320
www.securetechnologies.ca