[rt-users] Setting email as queue e-mail

Juan Mas juan.mas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:52:00 EDT 2008

Ok, Im sorry if I was unclear.  I mean, the queue admins along with
requestors.  Plain and simply, I want e-mails that go through the RT system
to have their own e-mail address per each queue.

If a ticket gets created/replied to/commented on for the Operations queue, I
want all correspondence to come from 'operations at domain.com', not from '
helpdesk at domain.com' and not from '"joe user"@domain.com'.  If its from the
Helpdesk queue, I want all e-mails to come from 'helpdesk at domain.com'.

Right now, when I create a ticket in the Operations queue, I will get an
autoreply from #HELPDESK <operations at domain.com>  If I reply to that email,
the reply address on the new email will then change to  #HELPDESK <"Juan
Mas"@domain.com> , I want that to stay as 'operations at domain.com'.  Also, I
didnt mention this before but #HELPDESK is the display name in Exchange for
our helpdesk queue.  So is #OPERATIONS, and so on.  So I want emails to come
in with the reply address as being whatever queue it comes from. so
#OPERATIONS <operations at domain.com>, #HELPDESK <helpdesk at domain.com> would
remain constant for each queue.

Maybe Im totally just not getting it.