[rt-users] RT3.8.x Queue Name in Email Subject

askthelist at gmail.com askthelist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:50:39 EDT 2009

I just upgraded from 3.6.x to 3.8.2 and I'd like to change the Subject line
of the email that is sent out to display the queue name instead of 'rtname'.
In RT3.6x i was able to do this ind /lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm like such...

sub SetSubjectToken {
    my $self = shift;
    #my $tag  = "[$RT::rtname #" . $self->TicketObj->id . "]";
    my $tag = "[".$self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name." - Ticket #"
.$self->TicketObj->id."]";

However in 3.8 it seems that the code here has been modified and I now it
looks like I have to change this in /lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm in the
AddSubjectTag(), however I cant seem to get this working as expected as my
perl oo kung fu just aint what it should be. Can anyone help me out
here? Maybe theres an easier way?