[rt-users] Install RT 1.0.7

Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Thu Apr 2 11:51:20 EDT 2009

Hi markus,
We had a similar problem in the past, not for rt 1 but for RT2 and a brand new system, os. What we did several years ago was, we installed the new system RT3 and then we had all needed perl modules, later we simply copied the rt2 files to the new server and also moved the old db to the new server, rt started up without any problems, try it out in a vm, it is not a big deal!

Torsten

----- Originalnachricht -----
Von: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com <rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com>
An: Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Gesendet: Thu Apr 02 17:29:46 2009
Betreff: Re: [rt-users] Install RT 1.0.7

Actually the idea of leaving the old system 1 for 1 was. Not carrying out any change at the contents and at the appearance.
But if it cannot be solved differently, of course this is also worth a consideration.

So remain summarizing left:
a.) Use separate virtual machine.
b.) Convert RT to a newer version.
c.) Use an old(er) OS.

These are my possible options, aren't they? No (easy) way to fix the perl problem and correct something on perl or RT? I think the problem is the mysql emulation, isn't it?

Best regards,
Markus Hummel

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Uwe Bielang (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Dirk Blesius (Stellv.), Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté (Stellv.),  Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kuehne