[rt-users] 3 emails sent by correspondance by user

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Apr 3 16:47:02 EDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:11 AM, L B wrote:
> I have this case :
> - a (privilieged) user sends a request to RT for a task he has to do.
> - people managing tickets assign it to him, and put it in a queue he
> is admincc for
>
> So this user is requestor, owner, and admincc : he gets 3 emails on
> each correspondance. Is it possible to grep|sort|uniq email addresses
> before sending notifications to avoid this behaviour ?

There is address duplication prevention code in RT, but it only
operates on a per-message basis.  The way we solved this problem was
to unify the scrips so that less messages were sent.  If you have
owner and admincc being sent e-mail by the same Scrip, then it will
cut from two to one.

I haven't found a solution to Requestor and AdminCC duplicates,
because AdminCC is sent a different template.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness