[rt-users] Rt stuck while converting us-ascii to utf-8 for text/plain

Kimberly McKinnis kmckinnis at tivo.com
Fri Apr 3 18:53:37 EDT 2009

Hi! Running RT 3.4.5 (yes, I know it's outdated, there are reasons for not upgrading) on Rhel4u4. I've been having some wonky problems lately, despite not making any changes. Today's weirdness is a ticket from a customer submitted via email showing up in the rt log but never making it to a queue. I'm seeing the following message containing the email subject in /var/log/rt/rt.log.

[Fri Apr  3 20:51:55 2009] [debug]: Converting 'us-ascii' to 'utf-8' for text/plain - attn: Kim tivomgt01 sending countless events to our monitoring system, please investigate and advise/ thanks
 (/usr/lib/rt/RT/I18N.pm:226)

[Fri Apr  3 21:34:01 2009] [debug]: Converting 'us-ascii' to 'utf-8' for text/plain - attn: Kim tivomgt01 sending countless events to our monitoring system, please investigate and advise/ thanks
(/usr/lib/rt/RT/I18N.pm:226)

[Fri Apr  3 22:34:01 2009] [debug]: Converting 'us-ascii' to 'utf-8' for text/plain - attn: Kim tivomgt01 sending countless events to our monitoring system, please investigate and advise/ thanks
(/usr/lib/rt/RT/I18N.pm:226)

What could prevent it from not doing this conversion? I assume that's what's causing it to get stuck. Is there anything else useful I can look at to diagnose this or kick it into gear? Thanks!

~~
Kimberly McKinnis
System Operations Engineer
Service Provider Division, TiVo Inc