[rt-users] Rt stuck while converting us-ascii to utf-8 for text/plain

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 6 10:51:06 EDT 2009

On Fri  3.Apr'09 at 15:53:37 -0700, Kimberly McKinnis wrote:
>    Hi! Running RT 3.4.5 (yes, I know it's outdated, there are reasons for not
>    upgrading) on Rhel4u4. I've been having some wonky problems lately,
>    despite not making any changes. Today's weirdness is a ticket from a
>    customer submitted via email showing up in the rt log but never making it
>    to a queue. I'm seeing the following message containing the email subject
>    in /var/log/rt/rt.log.

I'd be tthat it's actually a large message timing out before RT writes
it, causing the MTA to redeliver. In terms of logging, I'd probably
turn down logs to not show [debug] level messages and consider upping
your rt-mailgate's --timeout argument (ory our webserver's FastCGI
timeout)

Also, consider running mysqltuner.pl and seeing if it tells you anything
useful.