[rt-users] Description Displaying in From Fiend in Email Instead of Address

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 6 14:08:54 EDT 2009

Charles,

    You can override this a couple of ways. One is to change your
RT_SiteConfig.pm. The other is to replace the "From:" heading in ALL the
templates you use with what you want. The following is an example of
what we have for ALL our templates:

Subject: Request Titled: "{$Ticket->Subject}" has been Rejected!

TICKET INFORMATION:
Queue  : {$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}

    You could do the same thing like this:

From: {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name}

TICKET INFORMATION:
Queue  : {$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}

    In this example, I'm replaceing the "From:" that normally appears
with the name of the ticket owner. You also have to be sure to following
ANY header replacement line with a blank line just before the body. Hope
this helps.

Kenn
LBNL