[rt-users] Modifying SimpleSearch in RT 3.8.2

Donovan Young dyoung-rtusers at techsafari.com
Tue Apr 7 14:53:12 EDT 2009

I appreciate the advice about searches and we're aware of the impact
on performance.

Before posting here I had searched through the archives and was unable
to find any solutions specific to 3.8.2 (or perhaps I'm not searching
for the right keywords in the vast amount of data therein?).  I'd
rather not modify the core code if possible so we do not run into
problems (or loss of functionality) in subsequent upgrades.  Isn't
there any way to override this behavior without modifying the base code?

Looking though the code (specifically Search/Simple.html) I see
references to a "SearchArgs" callback, but I'm not clear as to what
that is or how it's used.  Perhaps this is simply a red herring to my
question.

I had hoped this could be a simple thing to change considering it's
pulling the default search criteria from somewhere.  When I go to
"Edit Search" after performing a SimpleSearch I see the query has
inserted;

"( status = 'new'
  OR status = 'open'
  OR status = 'stalled'"... etc

into the query (which are the active statuses listed in the
@ActiveStatus array in RT_SiteConfig.pm).  We simply want to remove
this portion from the default search criteria.

I'm still hopeful someone will be able to point me in the right
direction.

Thanks again,

Donovan