[rt-users] RT3 tuning - web interface seems slow

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Tue Apr 7 16:44:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> I'd expect to see Apache::DBI.  That's a small bit of a perf hit right
> there.

rt-test-dependencies says that it's present, as does the cpan CLI if
asked to install "Apache::DBI".
I see Apache::Session::Store::DBI v1.02; in the config
$ rt-test-dependencies -v
  DBI >= 1.37...found

> You'll want to carefully doublecheck database indexes.  Also, have your
> DBAs been maintaining the RT database? Have statistics been recomputed
> lately?

I believe all install and upgrade recipes were followed properly. Though
we currently have a (presumably) unrelated problem with image attachments
getting corrupted (change to UTF-8 ??).

We have a relatively small staff with no fulltime DBA. I am not sure what
maintenance is recommended; I recently ran "optimize table sessions"
recommended by the tuner which made no difference.

I do not believe any statistics were computed; where is this documented ?
I found RT3BatchStats in the wiki which fails halfway with "Unknown
column 'Transactions.Ticket'"

Per my original post, raw database queries seem to run quite fast. Unless
I am missing some complex query which the Web interface is making.

regards

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)