[rt-users] Encoding problem after upgrade

Boris Jordanov jordanov at brg.bg
Wed Apr 8 12:15:22 EDT 2009

Boris Jordanov написа:
> Hi everyone,
> Today I've upgraded our installation of RT from 3.8.0 to 3.8.2, and a
> problem arose - much of our RT requests are in cyrillic (mostly utf-8
> and windows-1251 encoded), and everything cyrillic turned to gibberish.
> All the existing entries with cyrillic (and not only the subject, the
> body too) are gibberish via the web interface. Every new request is

Solved. While waiting for reply I started reading the last posts in
rt-users. Thanks to Tom Lahti in (Re: [rt-users] RT3 tuning - web
interface seems slow) - "Ah hah. When you followed the upgrade
instructions, you probably ran upgrade-mysql-schema.pl, which doesn't
actually upgrade the mysql schema. It generates SQL queries to do so.
You have to capture those queries to a file, and then run that file to
actually upgrade the schema."

I've ran the needed sql and voila - cyrillic text is OK :)