[rt-users] RT3 tuning - web interface seems slow

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Sat Apr 11 17:06:02 EDT 2009

> The main ticket pages are served with Pragma:nocache and
> Cache-control:no-cache. Also Connection:close which I believe thwarts
> pipelining. (according to the "live HTTP headers" plugin)
Then your server doesn't seem to be configured to enable it. Ten years
after HTTP/1.1 was written, many boxes still set KeepAlive off in Apache.

The only things RT does is set a 3-day max-age (and 30 day expires)
on static content, and send no last-modified in lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm

With pipelining and SSL content cache, HTTPfox seems to show a cut
in load time for refreshes from about 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.