[rt-users] sessions table is lost after a system crash

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Sun Apr 12 08:05:38 EDT 2009

Asif Iqbal wrote:
>     I looked at it now. So I can just delete the sessions.MYI,
>     sessions.MYD and frm files and recreate the sessions table as in the
>     schema? I am assuming it wont break the RT
>

> mysqlcheck says this btw,
>
> [..all OK..]
> rt3.Users                                          OK
> rt3.sessions
> warning  : Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
> warning  : 9 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
> warning  : Size of indexfile is: 12666880      Should be: 1024
> error    : Found too long record at 82812800
> error    : Corrupt
Make a backup or your RT database and remove the sessions table and
recreate it. How you should remove the corrupt sessions table I don't
know for sure, thats whats the backup for in case things go really wrong.
I would try to drop the table and if that fails, remove the files from
that table. If things go wrong, use the backup. Better, restore the
backup on a backup machine and practice on the backup instead of the
original.

Regards,

Joop