[rt-users] What happens to incoming email if apache/mysql is down?

Paul Hirose pthirose at ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 13 17:44:19 EDT 2009

Incoming email to support at blah, which is routed via procmail to check for spam.  If it passes that, procmail does /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action comment --url http://localhost/

At that time, if the httpd or the mysqld is down, is the email lost?  I'm guessing it is, as I don't see an obvious return value to pass back to sendmail that says delivery failed and to queue it up to try again.

Is there a way to lessen the impact of httpd being down, or if httpd is up but mysqld is down?

PH

--
Paul Hirose          : pthirose at ucdavis.edu : Sysadm Motto: rm -fr /MyLife
1034 Academic Surge  : Programmer/Analyst   : Backup Motto : rm -fr /