[rt-users] Ticket History Display

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Apr 16 17:42:26 EDT 2009

> 1.) Email submissions are double spaced.  This takes up a lot of room
> when viewing the ticket history.

They aren't in my RT.  Without knowing what's causing it in your
installation, there's no way to know how to fix it.

You could make a local Display.html that unwraps the text and then rewraps
it, or figure out why its getting double-spaced in the first place and
eliminate the cause.

> 2.) Top posting - can the most recent actions be on top so you don't
> have to scroll all the way down to see the most recent action?

Yes, that's in the Preferences in RT, per user.  It would seem there is a
way to change the global default, it might be:

set($OldestTransactionsFirst,1);

> 3.) Stripping out the signatures from emails.  Is it possible?

Two options: hack rt-mailgate to strip them before inserting into the
database, or make a local Display.html & History.html to display it without
the signatures.  The latter is probably "safer" in that if your parsing is
wrong, you still have the original data.

I've actually been considering which option to take with removing quoted
text from emails, not just signatures.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117