[rt-users] Set status to open when ticket is taken

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Apr 16 19:52:32 EDT 2009

Steve OBrien wrote:
> Another "suggestion" from my pilot group is that they would like tickets
> to automatically change status from new to open when taken.  Any help
> accomplishing that would be appreciated.

It's not really open until someone actually works on it, is it?  Seems like
a semantic issue to me.  "New" means "its recorded and waiting for
activity", "open" means "its being worked on".  If its just assigned and no
activity, its not being worked on.  Seems a bit deceptive to preemptively
set it to "open" without actually working on it.

Anyway, philosophy aside, you could do this with a scrip.  Make it
condition: On owner change, Action: user definded, Template: blank.

Custom action prep code:
return 1;

Custom action cleanup code:
$self->TicketObj->_Set(Field => 'Status', Value => 'open', RecordTransaction
=> 0);
return 1;

--
   Tom Lahti