[rt-users] Does Anyone out there use RT for Change Management?

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue Apr 21 19:30:55 EDT 2009

Steve OBrien wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if anyone out there was using RT for IT Change
> Management and if so:
> 1.) How is it working out for you?
> 2.) Any helpful hints or a description of your setup.
>
> If not, is there any other tracking system that would work better for
> tracking, approving, and notifying changes (server configurations, etc)

Yea, we use it for that.  Among lots of others things, the IT queue is only
one of many in our RT setup.  Works great.

"Helpful hints" is rather vague, and I can't think of anything specific to
IT change management in that area.  Our platform is Linux and mysql for the
backend, with postfix and cyrus imap doing email duties.  I'm not sure the
setup of our RT would be very helpful, since every company is quite
different and requires radically different RT configs.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/