[rt-users] Migration

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 22 12:52:24 EDT 2009

Kieth,

    Have you thought about writing a program to copy all the Bugzilla
data into flatfiles that can then be used as input to another program
that uses API to create tickets, etc? We just converted an old legacy
ticket system into RT doing just that, comments and email included.
Converted 17,000 tickets. Of course, I had to take RT down and then turn
OFF /all/ scrips, etc (didn't need 17,00 emails going out). Afterwards,
I did a little bulk updating for some custom fields and viola! All done.
Tirn system on, Turn on scrips. ready to go.

Kenn
LBNL