[rt-users] Fwd: Failed use LDAP service

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Apr 23 04:16:41 EDT 2009

Thu 23 Apr 2009 03:10:30 GMT
Lachlan Webb wrote:
> On 23/4/09 11:57 AM, nast linux wrote:
>> I see in error.log is like below:
>> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP::_GetBoundLdapObj Can't bind:
>> LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS 49
>>
>> What is the problem and what Should I do?
>>
> The error "
>
>   Can't bind:
> LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS 49
>
> "
> Seems to be your problem. From memory, AD requires authenticated
> credentials for ldap queries.

AD allows anonymous bind if it has been told to.

> Set( $ExternalSettings, {
>      'user'                      =>  'User goes here',
>      'pass'                    =>  'Password here',
> }

Precisely.

Either you have invalid bind credentials specified or you have none
specified but LDAP is not configured for anonymous bind.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com