[rt-users] External Authentication

Jeff Lucas jlucas at eagleinvsys.com
Thu Apr 23 16:26:12 EDT 2009

I’ve configured a DEV instance of RT 3.8.2 to test AD authentication but am getting the following in my rt.log…

[Thu Apr 23 19:37:58 2009] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for jeff from 10.x.x.x (/apps/rt-3.8.2-dev/share/html/autohandler:268)

I do not admin and therefore do not have access to monitor things on the AD side.  Is there any way I can further debug the issue via log files, etc. on my RT server?

I know AD is working as I can query it using ldapsearch, however, I’m unsure if I’ve configured my "RT_SiteConfig.pm" correctly based on the working query.

My ldapsearch command uses the following flags…

-D "CN=RT User,OU=Eagle Access,DC=eagleinvsys,DC=com" -w <password> -b "OU=Eagle Access,DC=eagleinvsys,DC=com"

I’m unsure what my “base”  should be set to in RT_SiteConfig.pm since I’m using different settings for –D and –b.

Also, does a user have to exist in RT (and have credentials) before the user can be authenticated via AD?

Thanks.