[rt-users] Auditing ticket accesses

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Fri Apr 24 13:58:59 EDT 2009

Hi;

A while back I added a ticket custom field with Enter multiple values ,
and then a line lines of code in  Ticket/Display.html

 if (! $session{'pull'}{$id})
        #$RT::Logger->debug("someone viewing this ticket ".
$TicketObj->Id);

$TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field=>'Pulled-By',Value=>$session{'CurrentUser'}->Name);

        $session{'pull'}{$id}= 1;
 }

Where Pulled_By is the custom field name, the session bit is to avoid
adding a value on refresh etc, in our case we are not bothered how many
times someone admired a ticket during a session ..
The above lines need to be after a ticket is Loaded, ie after
} else {
    $TicketObj ||= LoadTicket($ARGS{'id'});

The proper way to do this is to add this code to callback rather than
editing Display.html

Roy