[rt-users] Slow loading of long tickets in 3.6.3

Justin Hayes justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
Tue Apr 28 05:34:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

Some of our tickets can get pretty long and the longer they get the
longer the page takes to load. So for a long ticket with say 100
comments/replies and assorted status changes etc it might take 10+
seconds to render.

A lot of the time seems to be looping over every transaction, checking
permissions etc etc, I guess maybe to decide whether to display the
reply/comment options and other things.

Have any improvements been made to the history display code in 3.8? I
would have thought it was more sensible to check permissions once for
the ticket and then quickly render all the attachments, but I'm sure
that's a simplistic view of it.

Any thoughts welcome!

Justin

Justin Hayes