[rt-users] RTFM WikiText Format Toolbar

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Apr 29 03:14:34 EDT 2009

Jim Tambling wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> In my quest to achieve RTFM nirvana I came across this post:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/70588#70588
>

> Has anybody achieved this in RT 3.8.2/RTFM 2.4.1?

I have had it in my test RT instance and it works. People don't have to
remember that == means H2 etc. The drawback is that the WikiText CF is
still very limited, by design, what it can do.
In trying to extend its possibilities I removed some of the restrictions
that are in the code, ScrubHTML component, and tried to implement new
rules in Text::WikiText(?) but had more problems then I wanted to solve
and had time for. Out of curiosity I installed the FireFox WriteArea
extension, implements fckeditor for textareas, and disabled the use of
Text::WikiText formating. After editing a RTFM article with WriteArea
you're left with lots of HTML code in your CF but after submitting it
and viewing it shows up very nice. Tables, pictures, even attachments
directly referenced from tickets. Biggest problem: possible abuse by
cross site scripting if your instance is open to the public. Ours is a
closed instance so I might use this in production.

Greetings,

Joop