[rt-users] MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade script

John Arends jarends at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 29 12:43:20 EDT 2009

How specific is the output of the MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade script to a
specific database? I have a copy of the sql.queries file that it outputs
that I'd like to apply against a few different instances of RT.

The issue is that the script which generates the SQL queries that you
use as part of the upgrade requires a perl module that is newer than
RHEL 5.3 (our production environment) provides. I had to create a
sacrificial VM in order to get the right environment going to run the
script. I now have the sql.queries file that I can run on a production
system to do the upgrade.

My question is, do I need to generate a new one of these for each
database, or will the one I have do?

-John