[rt-users] replying to "resolved" notification re-opens ticket

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Thu Apr 30 05:18:40 EDT 2009

I am daring to question Ruslan's answer, but what is the point of
creating new ticket ? might as well re-resolve the original one ..
for few years I been trying to find a solution to this and there is n't
one, you do n't want to ignore new correspondence to resolved tickets
because it might be important  (so opening the ticket again is the right
option in my opinion), over here I created new Status labelled "silent",
so when a customer replies back to a resolved ticket with thank you etc
, our agents set the status to silent (no notifications sent etc), I
have a nightly cron job that sets the Status of silent tickets to
resolved, this is done via SQL , not the api, to avoid sending a
notification ..

Regards;
Roy