[rt-users] Super User can't change owner

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 30 16:25:29 EDT 2009

GravyFace,

    Being a SuperUser does not override the RT requirements for tickets.
In order for a User or (better) Group of Users to be in the dropdown box
for "Owner", they MUST have the "OwnTicket" right. Of course, there are
a whole slew of rights to consider for change control on tickets. In my
opinion, a lot of RT admins give WAY TOO MANY rights to all privileged
and EVERYONE on either a Global or Queue basis and then they wonder why
their "Ticket Update" and Searches take so long. If you only have a few
users and a few queues, no big deal. However, If you have a LOT of users
and queues, you might want to consider being a bit restrictive when you
hand out the "rights". Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL