[rt-users] Proxy "requestors" and elegance

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:54:32 EDT 2009

Comments below.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM, jul <jul-rt at julbox.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a scrip working well, but I am fairly unsatisfied with it ; I dont
> find it elegant. So if you have any opinions regarding improvement of my
> solution, please share. ;)
>

> Problem:
> A customer want to open ticket and a subsitute to handle Questions and
> Answers. Still the customer want to receive acknowledement at the end, and
> have the possibility to track its mail.

As I understand customer uses SelfService and on resolve he can again
see ticket, right? You just don't want to notify him until ticket is
resolved. If you don't use Cc in this queues then you can put customer
there and a substitute into Requestors. In this case you'll have to
adjust notification scrips.

> My Solution
> Having a CF with initial requestor filled on owner Change
> Having a onResolve custom scrips substituting back
>
> My problem : to ensure the custom OnResolve he is called before OnResolve
> final template is sent.

Since 3.6.x scrips are ordered according to description column, but
not that only in 3.8.x RT's default have not NULL description. NULLs
are always first or last depending on database.

> Other problems :
> Do I stock substitution in a Queue customField (how do I access it ?) Do I
> stock susbtitution per queue  in a custom hash that would associate a
> queue name to a substitution in RTSite_Config?

$ticket->QueueObj->FirstCustomFieldValue("Name");
use hash if you like, but you'll have to restart server.

> Rights tips so that this custom field cannot be changed or seen.
>

> What are your opinions?

I think the solution will do the job.

[snip]

--