[rt-users] Just finished installing now what

Jeremy Winder jwinder at logicalsi.com
Mon Aug 3 08:31:19 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 02:18 -0500, Anton Krall wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed RT and I got it working but I dont know how
> to start configuring it.. Besides what the web interface has about users and
> queues... It seems it needs to know more about email and for example, my
> domain.. The user web page still shows example.com .... I read the wiki and
> found some interesting articles but seems information is scattered.
>
> Is there a quick start guide that can help you configure RT to get you up
> and running faster and a step by step guide on which files to change and
> configure?
>
> Thank You!

You can skip a lot of this. But the section it should like you are
missing in the RT_SiteConfig.pm:

http://www.debianadmin.com/howto-setup-request-tracker-36-on-debian-etch.html

Here is a series of articles that cover how to install and setup RT "the
hard way" but still has some good information.

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/req_track_1.html

Beyond that, google...lots of google.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy