[rt-users] performace is very slow on 3.8.2

testwreq at gmail.com testwreq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:57:57 EDT 2009

Our RT is installed on Linux CentOS 5.3 server running Apache and uses
mysql. We just went live 2 days back with the website and RT on the same
server, and the performance is slow from day 1. This was not the case when
we were testing RT. Probabaly mysql is not configured well. We are pretty
new to all this. Below are the contents of my.cnf in the etc folder. I do
not have my.cnf in the datadir. I'm not sure if the configuration needs to
change in this file and if I should have my.cnf in the datadir folder as
well?

/etc/my.cnf
===========
bash-3.2# more my.cnf
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid