[rt-users] RT install question

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 13 13:41:32 EDT 2009

To all Install experts,

I have a couple questions about the configure parameters for installing
3.8.4.

   1. What does "--with-PACKAGE[=yes]" do for me?
   2. What does "--with-my-user-group" do exactly?
   3. Do I need "--with-apachectl"? What happens if I don't use this
      parameter?

That's it for now. We've created a new zone on a Solaris machine. We'll
be using Oracle 10.x (latest) and modperl.

This installation will hopefully allow me to stave off those here that
want us to BUY a PPM software package.

I'm hoping this 3.8.4 version will impress them enough to wait for RT
4.0 (hoping it includes some real good capacity/resource planning  and
other portfolio management reports).

Fingers crossed.

Kenn
LBNL