[rt-users] Installing RT - second posting of these questions

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 14 18:12:53 EDT 2009

On Fri 14.Aug'09 at 12:53:49 -0700, Ken Crocker wrote:
> To all Install experts,
>
> I have a couple questions about the configure parameters for installing 3.8.4.
>

>  1. What does "--with-PACKAGE[=yes]" do for me?

That's an example of syntax.

--with-graphviz, for example, is how you might use it in RT

>  2. What does "--with-my-user-group" do exactly?

This installs RT as the user running ./configure instead of trying to
"do the right thing" and install it as a web/rt user.

>  3. Do I need "--with-apachectl"? What happens if I don't use this parameter?

If RT can't find the command apache uses to restart itself (apachectl),
you can give it a hint as to where to find it.

Could you do me the favor of weaving these answers into the wiki?

Best,
Jesse