[rt-users] Configuring Inbound E-mail

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.com
Mon Aug 17 12:50:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am currently new to several functions of RT.  I'm having a hard time setting up the Inbound E-mail.  We are using Sendmail on CentOS 5.1 x64.  As I understand the instructions, I configured the /etc/aliases file for RT and ran newaliases.  Here are my settings.

/etc/aliases...

# RT Mail Queue Setup
rt:             "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http://server.domain.local/"
rt-comment:      "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http://server.domain.local/"

# trap decode to catch security attacks
decode:         root

# Person who should get root's mail
root:           serveralerts at domain.net<mailto:serveralerts at domain.net>

If I reply to a ticket via e-mail, how can I set this up so it goes to the RT Server?  The reply traverses our MS Exchange platform and we get an NDR.  Please help.

Thank you,

Eric Chatham