[rt-users] Some users are losing their rights every night

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 17 14:12:19 EDT 2009

Nathan,

A couple questions first:

   1. Do you grant all the rights via the WebUI?
   2. Do you put the Users in a pre-defined group or do you grant them
      "User" rights to those queues?
   3. Do you have any nightly "Cron" processes running?
   4. Does this happen to only the NEW users and if so, when did this
      start happening? I ask this because if it is only happening to new
      users, then I would find the cutoff date for new users/problem and
      see if there is a new operation, updated process, etc. that might
      re-set new users, but leave older ones alone.
   5. Is the DataBase backed up every night? If so, do they then turn
      around and re-load the backup, re-setting keys, indexes, etc.? If
      this is done nightly, maybe they are re-loading the wrong backup?

Thiese answers should help us de-bug the problem.

Kenn
LBNL