[rt-users] Some users are losing their rights every night

Nathan Hurt nhurt at barracuda.com
Mon Aug 17 20:00:51 EDT 2009

Forgot to "reply to all."
From: Nathan Hurt
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:00 PM
To: Ruslan Zakirov
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Some users are losing their rights every night

Hi Ruslan,

They "lose" their rights in so much as when they log in next time the user appears to have the same rights as a new user that has not been granted rights. The check box is marked that they should have rights and all the rights are actually in place (i.e. group memberships, group rights, etc). This is reported nearly every day with two users out of more than 100. Only two other users have had this problem (and it has never happened again for those two users).

The work-around that I have found is to un-check the "rights" for the user >  save the changes > re-check the rights >  save the changes > have the user log out and back in. They now have the correct permissions... until it happens again.

I cannot seem to find anything special about these two users (or the other two users who experienced this once).

I do not use that script as far as I know. I am not the person who did the initial install of this server. Where can I find on the server if I am using that script. I am not sure what that script does.\\

Thank you all very very very much for your help.

Nathan Hurt
Barracuda Networks, Inc.