[rt-users] Broken tickets display

Luca Villani luca.villani at dada.net
Tue Aug 18 06:11:24 EDT 2009

Kevin Falcone ha scritto:

>> We're experiencing a strange behaviour on both our RT installation: when
>> someone reply (or comment) to a ticket (both via e-mail or via
>> webinterface) with a response containing some characters like
>>
>> 	ª
>>
>> (useful in Italian language) then ticket visualization is broken for
>> this ticket: we can only see workflow until the response, but not
>> response itself and the following workflow.
>
> Just a guess, but check your version of Text-Quoted, old versions had
> a tendency to coredump on some characters.  You can try coming up to
> 2.05

First, I'm terribly sorry for delay in my response, I was in summer
holidays (sailing in North Adriatic Sea). :-( :-( :-(

Our version of Text::Quoted is 2.02:

support01 ~ # equery list Text-Quoted
[ Searching for package 'Text-Quoted' in all categories among: ]
  * installed packages
[I--] [  ] dev-perl/Text-Quoted-2.02 (0)
support01 ~ #

As far as this is an high traffic cluster (about 3.000 tickets per week,
it's dedicated to our worldwide CRM), we can't simply upgrade a perl
module, we must plan this operation.

I can do this in a few days, next I will report...

--
Luca Villani     -      Dada.Net S.p.A.

Tel: +39 055 20021517   Mobile: +39 335 8753086
ICQ: 76272621           Skype: luca.villani