[rt-users] how to migrate data from sqlite to mysql

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Aug 19 09:24:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:38:05PM +0200, Martin Kraus wrote:
> Hi. I've installed rt3.6 on debian lenny, where sqlite is a default db
> backend. Since then we've started using ticketing quite a lot and sqlite stopped
> being fast enough.

SQLite in RT is not intended to be used on production, it's more for
testing/developpments.

> I've been trying to migrate data from sqlite to mysql by dumping sql from
> sqlite, changing it so that mysql can read it and importing it into mysql
> database created by dbconfig on debian(which calls rt-setup-database). I
> usually can read all the ticket data, but users are damaged and I can't create
> tickets/modify tickets/give tickets to other users.

Someone posted a script to convert to Pg on the wiki [1], I suggest you
to try it as is and use PostgreSQL or try to modify it for MySQL. Be
carefull, this is a contributed script that may lack some feature, you
should check in deep the result to see if everyhing was imported
correctly.

[1] http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SQLite2PG