[rt-users] Inbound E-mail to server

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.com
Wed Aug 19 12:37:26 EDT 2009

On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:07, Jerrad Pierce wrote,

>> Is it possible to reply to e-mail with another queue other than "general?"
> Under normal setups the reply address has nothing to do with where a
> response ends up. As long as the subject contains the RT tag + ticket
> number, it will be filed appropriately i.e; by ticket. The only thing that
> -queue really affects is where to create new tickets. Thus, having multiple
> aliases allows you to create tickets by email in various queues, and to
> avoid confusion amongst users who might note that all correspondence
> is occurring with rt at example.net; if you tell RT to use the corresponding
> address for that queue.

Cool.

> As for the lack of message handling, have you checked you maillog,
> RT's log, or Apache? (Proceeding along the pipeline once you determine
> everything is fine with the previous one). Are you running with
> SELinux enabled? What happens if you feed a message to rt-mailgate
> from the command line?

SELinux is disabled on our system.  I checked the maillog, access_log, error_log and RT log.  I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

In our organization, not only do we use a Linux environment, but we use a Windows Local Domain.  I went in and created an Active Directory user called RT Admin.  I then created a contact called RT Admin, giving it the e-mail address root at rtserver.local.  For the RT Admin user account, I used the RT Admin contact to forward e-mail.  I don't know if that does anything.

I tried sending another e-mail from an account outside our Organization, having [QUEUE #TKT NUM] in the subject.  I sent it to RT Admin user account.  It still fails to parse into a corresponding ticket, but root *does* get the e-mail still, according to the emaillog!  We also have root's e-mail going to an AD distribution list.

CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.