[rt-users] ticket info displayed in header

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Aug 19 15:42:57 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:45:45AM -0700, spark wrote:
> Hello all,
> New RT user here. Everything is up and running great, and we're testing
> the system for a possible enterprise deployment.
>
> One user has a request regarding the insertion of the queue name in the
> header of the ticket when viewing the ticket in the web interface (using
> the web2 theme). As it stands, RT displays the ID# and Subject of the
> ticket. Is it possible to display as follows?
>
> Queue Name + ID # + Subject
>
> Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

you can do that:

copy share/html/Ticket/Display.html to local/html/Ticket/Display.html

change Title value at beginning:

<& /Elements/Header,
    Title => loc("#[_1]: [_2]", $TicketObj->Id, $TicketObj->Subject),
    LinkRel => \%link_rel &>
[...]

(use $Queue->Name)

clear mason cache and restart apache

but I don't think it's a good idea to add queue name because subject
will be truncated to fit in the max length of header...