[rt-users] ticket info displayed in header

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Wed Aug 19 17:28:22 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 05:12:34PM -0400, Jerrad Pierce wrote:
> > I will add a second to the do not use queue name camp. It also gets
> > very ugly if a ticket changes queues. Maybe your setup is so simple
> > that you only have a single queue now and forever, but if so, is
> > it really going to stay that way. Also, if you rename a queue all
> > of the subjects have the old name embedded.
>
> We have a dozen queues and have never had any problem--related
> to moving things around--with the use of [Site Queue #] as the tag.
> As previously noted, RT generally routes tickets by ID, not queue,
> so there's no real risk from response to an old message with prior
> queue here; queue-specific tags are another matter entirely.
>
> As an alternative though, you could change your templates to include
> the queue in an extended header e.g; X-RT-Queue:
> While it doesn't stand as much for staff reading email notices, it still
> allows you to filter.
> --
> Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.

I did not mean to imply that there were any problems with the
actual moving of messages. Just that the subject now contains
embedded references to the previous queue name. That makes it
confusing when trying to thread E-mail messages that depend
on the subject for proper threading, for example.

Cheers,
Ken