[rt-users] Contributed script: A time worked reporting tool

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Fri Aug 21 12:48:49 EDT 2009

I've attached a script I've developed over the summer to help me produce
time worked reports for my staff.  Its features are:

# FEATURES
#  - Produces a simple text report of the number of minutes worked per
#    person per ticket in a given datetime range for all tickets that
#    experienced > 0 minutes worked in that time period
#  - Allows user to specify one or more queues to include in the ticket
#    search
#  - Assumes start and end datetimes entered in local time and adjusts for
#    GMT which is RT's internal representation (but see --gmtime flag)
#  - Correctly calculates time one person puts onto another person's ticket
#  - Correctly calculates TimeWorked when directly updated via the Basics or
#    Jumbo ticket update page as well as when added to a comment or reply
#  - Optional --debug mode for verbose output
#  - Basic --help text display
#  - Uses RT's API (does not query database directly)

The script is pretty well documented so most questions should be
answered within.  For usage, run "timeworked.pl --help".  There is one
line within the script, the "use lib" line, that may need to be edited
before it'll work for you - I've noted this in the script documentation.

I'd certainly like to get feedback on the script, to see if this is
useful for others.  It also could use more validation/testing - I've
been using and developing it for a while and I think it's doing pretty
well now, but I only have so much data and so many scenarios to test
against in my own RT install.  Also, in the interest of full disclosure,
I should point out that it's my first RT API script.  :-)  Comments and
suggestions very welcome.

Thanks,
Fran

--