[rt-users] rt on ssl

testwreq wreq testwreq at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:27:11 EDT 2009

Our RT using virtual host on http (http://rt.domainname.com)worked fine. I
moved RT over to httpd (https://rt.domainname.com)
and<https://rt.domainname.com)%20and/>got the below message:
You're almost there! You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT.
You appear to have installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet
configured your web server to "run" the RT server which powers the web
interface. The next step is to edit your webserver's configuration file to
instruct it to use RT's *mod_perl*, *FastCGI* or *SpeedyCGI* handler. If you
need commercial support, please contact us at sales at bestpractical.com.

Any clues? am I missing anything in any configuration file? Below is my
ssl.conf configuration:

<VirtualHost *:443>
       ServerName rt2.domainname.com
       DocumentRoot /data/rt3/share/html
       AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
       PerlModule Apache::DBI
       PerlRequire /data/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        <Location /NoAuth/images>
                SetHandler default
        </Location>
       ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
       TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
       LogLevel warn
       <Directory />
          SSLRequireSSL
       </Directory>
        SSLEngine on
        SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
        SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/sslcertificate/server.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/sslcertificate/server.key
</VirtualHost>