[rt-users] https

testwreq wreq testwreq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 09:16:16 EDT 2009

Dear RT Gurus,

Our RT (3.8.2) on linux using virtual host on http
(http://rt.domainname.com) was
working fine. I moved RT over to httpS (https://rt.domainname.com) and got
the below message:
<<You're almost there!
You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have
installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your web
server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface. The next step
is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's
mod_perl, FastCGI or SpeedyCGI handler. If you need commercial support,
please contact us at sales at bestpractical.com. >>

Any clues? Am I missing anything in any configuration file? Below is my
ssl.conf configuration:

<VirtualHost *:443>
       ServerName rt2.domainname.com
       DocumentRoot /data/rt3/share/html
       AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
       PerlModule Apache::DBI
       PerlRequire /data/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        <Location /NoAuth/images>
                SetHandler default
        </Location>
       ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
       TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
       LogLevel warn
       <Directory />
          SSLRequireSSL
       </Directory>
        SSLEngine on
        SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
        SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssldir/server.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssldir/server.key
</VirtualHost>