[rt-users] Asset Tracker: make some custom field "global"

Michael Ellis Michael_Ellis at UManitoba.CA
Mon Aug 31 17:03:52 EDT 2009

Except for Name,Type, Description, and Status; everything else in Asset
Tracker is a custom field. We need to make some fields global so that they
are always presented in search results like the default four, and so that
they are presented in the Query Builder without first having to select a
type that has that custom field.

Is there a way to do this built in? If not, do Todd or others have a
suggestion for where to begin to add this functionality that I could
approach our programmers with?

Thanks,

Mike