[rt-users] Custom fields in search results

elsif jake at elsif.net
Thu Dec 3 14:02:01 EST 2009

RT 3.8.5 on FreeBSD 6.2 using Apache 2.2.6

How can I have the search functions search and display custom fields?

The page here:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/DisplayCustomFieldsInTicketSearch

...says that the conventional method doesn't work in 3.6 and above.

I've created Custom Fields for 'tickets', added it to the queue, and when
I create a new ticket the dropdown box is there.

But in both simple and advanced saarch I'm unable to make RT find results
based on the option (development categories 'bugs, 'feature requests',
etc) that was chosen for the custom field.

-jake