[rt-users] Adding AdminCC on ticket creation fails without ModifyTicket right

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Dec 3 16:27:14 EST 2009

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:52:06 -0800, "Ken Crocker" <kfcrocker at lbl.gov>
said:
> Have you tried setting the AdminCc when creating the ticket? You can do
> that with the WebUI. If these tickets are being created via Email, then
> downloading/installing the "CommandByMail" extension/plugin will allow
> you to do this.

Yep, I am setting the AdminCC on the ticket creation page via the web
interface.  It appears that RT treats setting the AdminCC as a separate
transaction from the ticket creation, so it creates the ticket, then
attempts to apply the AdminCC value, and that's where it fails (as after
the ticket is created, I don't have the ModifyTicket right).

Privileged user with: CreateTicket, CommentOnTicket, SeeQueue,
ShowOutgoingEmail, ShowTicket, ShowTicketComments on the queue in
question.

I wish "ModifyTicket" was split up, it encompasses quite a lot of
operations...